• To contribute to determining education policy;
• To coordinate and fast track education programmes and activities aimed at providing to all categories of Rwandans a qualitative education;
• To design and distribute curricula, teaching materials, guides, methodologies and establish teaching methods for nursery, primary secondary, specialized schools and adult literacy education in accordance with the current educational development;
• To establish and monitor the distance learning program;
• To promote the use of information and communication technology in education;
• To coordinate programs and activities aimed at developing teachers, building their capacities and improving their management;
• To prepare the educational standards and monitor their implementation;
• To establish regulations determining how national examinations are conducted in various levels of education, except in vocational and technical training and in higher learning institutions;
• To coordinate programs and activities related to loans and scholarships provided to higher education students;
• To cooperate and collaborate with other regional and international institutions having similar responsibilities
• To advise Government on all activities which can fast track education development in Rwanda.
Copyright © 2013 Rwanda Education Board | P.O. Box: 3817 Kigali-Rwanda - Email:firstname.lastname@example.org | Towards the quality of education in Rwanda.